Photoshop master Terry White shows you how to do the 10 things most beginners want to know when they work with Photoshop.
Here is a quick list of what you learn in this video:
- Photo Retouching- using Spot Healing Brush tool
- Working with Layers- Adjustment layers
- Working with Mask in Adjustment layers
- How to crop a photo- using new Crop tool
- Fixing exposure and color cast problems -using Adobe Camera Raw Filter
- Removing unwanted objects from a photo- using Content Aware Fill option
- Moving an object within a photo- using Content Aware Move tool
- How to remove a photo from a background and place on top another background- using Quick Selection Tool and the Refine Edge tool
- Adding text to a layer- using type tool
- Saving your files in both editable and sharable formats
Here I’ll show you how easy it is to combine an image and text to create a cool text effect in Photoshop.
Step1: Open your image in Photoshop.
I had a nice photo of a beach that I use for this tutorial; you can select any photo that you like for this tutorial.
Step 2: duplicate this layer by right clicking on the layer and select “Duplicate Layer”.
Here how it looks like:
Step3: Start typing a word by using your type tool. I typed the word BEACH.
Step 4: Go to your layers panel and move this text layer below the layer that you copied in the step 2 (you can do this by dragging the layer and moving it down).
Step 5: You realize that you can’t see you text now because the copied image layer is covering it now.
Here is the fun part:
Bring you cursor right between the top image layer and your text layer, hold down Alt/Option key and click the line between the two layers in the Layers Panel to clip the image to the text. You will realize that the top image layer will change to a shape (with an arrow pointing down) like the image below:
This shows that your image is clipped to the text.
Step6: Now just select the top image layer and move it around. You should see the cool image effect appears through your text layer.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
As I design for many years using photoshop, I realize more and more how handy and useful keyboard shortcuts are! That’s why I put together an infographic, which includes most of the shortcuts that I use every day and the ones that other designers shared.
You can click on the graphic for a larger view, right click and save it for your personal use.
Hope you like it!